20 Nov 13
I love these photos!! Pepe and
Anataria are growing up so much!
Elder Anderson left on
Monday morning. I said goodbye to him the night before.
And then I after I saw him turn and
leave to his classroom , it hit me. I wept that night
reading his letter he wrote to me,
thinking about how kind the Lord had been to have been with him these last few
months.
I will never forget these experiences
we have had here in the MTC. He was really looking forward to going out there
and serving the Lord. He is a very obedient missionary. He will be a great
missionary! :)
I just feel so blessed to be here on
my mission. The Lord teaches me things everyday. He is continually humbling me,
helping me to see my weaknesses so that He can make me an instrument in His
hands.
I love this work.
I love the people I teach each day. I
had an experience in class the other day, where we had to teach each other a
lesson that we had planned for our investigators . I wrote down thoughts that
came to my mind about the plan of salvation.
I felt like I should base it around a
boy whose mother had passed away.
When it almost came around to my turn,
I realized that my lesson had nothing to do with what i was
going to teach my investigators that
week but had a thought to just say what i had planned anyway.
So when i taught my District leader
what i had planned, he felt the Spirit so much and said he would
do anything to see his mum again. And
then I testified to him that through obedience to the commandments and through
Jesus Christ, that he will see and be with his mother again.
After the lesson, Elder Alvord (
My district leader) said to me that he has a friend back home whose mother had
died just before he came on his mission and that the lesson helped him to feel
his pain, and this hurt that his friend experience . And that it really touched
him.
I know that when we listen and follow
the Spirit, He will teach us what to say and what to do. I know that the Lord
knows the intent and desires of all his children. I love this work!
I leave in 3 weeks which is so
exciting! I love my time in the MTC.
I love talking to everyone I walk
past, learn a bit about them and their culture.
My companion Sister Farmer , is so
great! I love working with her. Her dads a Bishop
and seminary teacher in Oregon, USA.
All the sisters in my district are trying
to copy my accent. It is so funny! And
my humour is rubbing off on all of them as well haha.
Oh and last night, we had an arm
wrestle and I beat all of them! Haha. That was so fun.
The MTC is great!
Thanks for your letters Dad. I love
them.
Hows my two Nannys going?
I have letters that i sent. You should
get them soon.
I love yous all so much.
Have a good week my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment