Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My beautiful Family...... :)


This week has been amazing. I’m not sure where to start... 
But I guess I’ll start off by saying how much I love yous and appreciate everything you have done for me.  Thank you for your prayers, as a missionary you really do feel the prayers of your family… Every night, I think about how grateful I am to have such a beautiful and blessed family, and how much I would want the same thing for those I teach or will teach.  The Spirit of my calling as a missionary is incredible. The Spirit is with you all the time so long as you are working so hard and are obedient. I love being a Missionary.  The Work is hard, but it is so rewarding.

Aunty Lia ,Uncle Phil and Kowhai have been so good to Elder Anderson and I.  We had an amazing week with them, in there home, at General Conference , and to see Elder Zylstra and Aunty Alicia. What a blessing.

It has been a week since Elder Anderson and I entered the MTC and
I have already learnt how to pray in Russian, bear my Testimony, recite
the first vision, and even teach a basic lesson in Russian. It is amazing how fast you can learn when you have the Spirit with you.

My beautiful companion is Sister Farmer from Oregon, USA.  We get along so well which is such a blessing. Sister Farmer and I had to teach a lesson yesterday.  We struggled  to teach the lesson, in our simple Russian. We invited our investigator, Edward who can only speak Russian, to pray about the Book of Mormon and if it was true, right then and there.

We knelt in prayer  and during his prayer, I felt  humbled  and the Spirit was there. We asked him how he felt in our broken Russian. And he said he felt peace. We testified to him, that God is speaking to him and that he
had received an answer to his prayer and that this is the path that the Lord wants him to go on.
My companion and I walked out, a little down about how much we struggled in the language.  But our teacher then pointed out that we got him to feel the Spirit, which is bringing him closer to God.  And that its not about the Russian one bit. Yesterday I learnt an important lesson, that although we are learning a language, it is the Spirit that converts. Its not about the language at all. It’s helping the investigator to come to Christ. That’s what matters. That is our purpose, to bring them unto Christ.

Being here in the MTC with my brother, Elder Anderson, has been so amazing. I love seeing my brother.  I see him almost every day.  He is such a good Missionary Mum and Dad… I love him so much. Heavenly Father has given me many, many blessings… I am so grateful to Him.

I haven’t been homesick yet, even though I do miss yous, and this is a huge miracle in itself.  These last few days, I have been pondering on the scripture in 3 Nephi 11:37, 38, The Lord says that we must
become like a little child. I cant help but think about my beautiful Pepe- Anei, and how much she is an example of that and what it means to be humble, meek, full of love.  Mum, dad, give her a hug and kiss for me. I love her so much. Ataahua, take her to the park everyday, make her laugh all the time, read her books for me. Love you my sis <3..Take care of my little sisters.
I love yous all so much..

I know that Jesus Christ is at the head of this work.  Do all you can to invite the spirit into your life, into our home.  Family prayers and scriptures -That's how we draw near to our Saviour and that's how He can come to us, through the Spirit. ( D&C 88:63)
Be involved in Missionary work.

Love yous so much xx

Sister Anderson




Sister Tahei Whiwhikiterangi Pearl Anderson
DEC10 UKR-KYV
2011 N 900 E Unit 209
Provo UT 84602

No comments:

Post a Comment