Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hey family!!!



Thank you so much for all your Dear Elder letters. They make me so happy. I received like 7 the other day and a package from Uncle Phil and Aunty Lia which was so awesome. I now set the record for my District, haha. Keep them coming. It really uplifts me and makes me even more happy. I’m so glad to hear that Koro’s gathering went well. I wish I was there! Especially to see Mum and Aunty Kara playing the hipatoytoy game. That would have been so funny.

My companion is so sweet and so Christ like. I love her so much. We are reading the Book of Mormon together. Our goal is to complete it before
we leave MTC. The food here gets better everyday. I love it, haha. And everyone loves my accent, which is pretty funny. 

On Sunday,  I got to sit next to Elder Anderson in a huge devotional. There were thousands of missionaries. And you could just feel the power
of the Lord in the room. They asked if there were siblings here, to stand. Elder Anderson and I stood, side by side with a few others.. I will never forget how proud I felt and how blessed I am to be an Anderson and to share this experience with my brother. And most importantly, to stand side by side with my brother as official representatives of our Saviour Jesus Christ. That was an amazing experience, I will never forget that.

I am loving the MTC. I’m so happy to be here. There are the hard times and there are times where I feel like I want to
run a mile because I’m just so happy. The Russian is coming. It is very hard. There are times where I’m very tired, but I say a prayer to the Lord and He helps me to go the extra mile. He helps me to carry on, to do more than I could ever have the strength to do. My testimony of Him has increased so much. I know without a doubt He lives. That He loves you and I and wants us so much to open the door of our hearts to Him. He stands at the door and knocks.. 
There is a picture hanging up in my classroom of the Saviour knocking, and there is no door handle. They only way to open it, is by you and I.

I love you my family. You are amazing examples to me . Strengthen your testimony of the Saviour. Learn of Him. Study His characteristics. That is what I am doing at the moment.

I watched a talk by Elder Bednar that he gave in the MTC a few years ago which was so inspiring
and he said that The Saviour always turned outward in Love and compassion. Never inward. The inward is the natural man (Mosiah 3:19). Selfish, self absorbed and all about "me". Especially when faced with trial it is easy to think about ourselves and feel sorrow for ourselves. But did the Saviour ever turn inward when he was faced with temptation, or even suffered and Atoned for us? When He hung upon the cross, He asked others to take care of His mother. He even said, "Father forgive them for they know not what
they do”.  After suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, His beloved friend betrayed Him.
Then His disciple cut off the ear of the soldier. And what did the Saviour do? He had compassion on him and healed him. These are but a few examples, of how loving the Saviour is. I love Him with all my Heart.

I love being a missionary and are so grateful for this sacred privilege.

Love Sister Anderson xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment