Tuesday, March 18, 2014

$100 note...

It has been a big week! We had mission conference which was so inspirational! 

I received a confirmation there that my Mission President , President Kleibingat has been called by God to help us missionaries fulfill our purpose and to direct the work here in the Ukraine , Kyiv mission. Just like my brother Elder Anderson, I love my mission President! I'm very grateful for him. 


So, ill be here in Bovary for another transfer and I'm really looking forward to it. I love Brovary. Its a small cute town east of Kyiv.

We have a few recent converts here. Two of them are from Africa. They speak english. They are about 23, 24yrs and dont have very much . Last night, we went to their new apartment with the other missionaries.  A member had helped them move, and all they had were two bags full of clothes and a few other things. There apartment was bare . My heart really went out to them.

As my companion and I prayed last night about what we could do to help them in some way, my mind come across an experience I had when I was travelling to Ukraine out of the MTC. I came across a man in the Detroit airport. He was about 50yrs or so and looked like a wealthy man. I started talking to him and turns out he was a member- a faithful member. 

He had served a mission and his children also served missions. Just before I boarded the plane, he hands me a  US $100 note and says " Now, I want you to keep this until you come across someone or a family who really needs this and who you feel impressed to give it to.  Please do this for me. "

I felt really good about this and that these two young boys  really needed it and that this man, who I have never met before has been an answer to someones need and prayer. So today we went out and got them some cutlery for their home, some pots and plates, a picture of the Savior framed and a few other things. 

The other missionaries have also contributed  and the branch are going to help out too. Tonight we will have a family home evening with them and  give it to them. Im so excited for it! :)  I love serving others and helping them come closer to The Lord. It is the greatest feeling :) I love you all! and miss yous!
Love Sister Anderson xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment