Tuesday, December 17, 2013

First Area - Odessa on the Black Sea...

Wow! This past week has been so incredible my family.

My journey to Ukraine was so cool. I travelled with 4 Elders and I was the only sister! I was able to share the Gospel with a few people I sat on the plane with and invited them to learn more if they are interested and I gave them a Mormon.org card/ pass along cards.

When we got to Ukraine Airport, we came out and there was no one at the airport. Then we saw President Klebingat waving his hands outside. Apparently there was a bomb threat so they had to clear the whole airport! A lot of Crazy things are happening here in Ukraine with the Government and that. But I know ill be safe here.

President Klebingat and Sister Klebingat are so amazing! There are very big on obedience in this mission and very focused on our purpose to Invite Others To Christ, working with the members and Baptizing.
When I had my interview with President, He assigned me to my new Area and told me who my trainer was. I felt the Spirit so strong and I knew that this place was where the Lord needed me to be.
My First area here is in Odessa! It is right at the bottom of Ukraine near the Black Sea. It is absolutely beautiful! Everyday I feel like I'm walking into London and reminds me of Mary Popins. I love it!
                                                         It is so olden dayish. But so cool!
View from my Odessa Apartment


My desk


Last few days in MTC, Provo

 My trainer is Sister Robinson from Peru and her mum and dad will be mission presidents soon. She is amazing and can sing! She's a hard worker and can speak the language really well!! 

The Culture here is so so different to back home or from any place in this world. And it was very difficult for me at first to even open my mouth and talk with others.
I felt responsible for every person I walked past or for every opportunity there was to share the Gospel.
They are not the most approachable people and don't really smile that much. But they have a kind heart,  and are very helpful and beautiful people when you get to know them. My companion and
I have been trying to come up with many ways to talk with people out on the street and when we are on the bus.
It has been the most hardest thing I've ever done in my life! But I love it!
I fasted and prayed that I could have the strength and courage to just open my mouth and talk with others.
The Lord gave me strength and I was able to talk to more people each day. We try to talk to as many people as we can.
We have made a new goal to never get off a bus without talking with someone and inviting them to hear the Gospel or come to English practice!
Oh yea, we teach English here for free. And a lot of baptisms come from this aswell!
I love walking the streets with my companion and getting weird looks from people. Its so funny sometimes to see what people do when they see us!
I love being a representative of The Savior and know that The Lord has prepared people here that are ready to receive Him.

We have been praying and praying for new investigators and trying to work with members here. It is hard, but the Lord has answered our prayers and we found a man on the street the other day. He said he saw missionaries 10 years ago here but never knew their were sister missionaries. My companion bore her testimony
and he was interested to hear the Gospel so we referred him to the Elders. 

Also we have a new investigator that a member referred to us. We teach her tonight! And we will invite her to baptism !

Also there was this lady at English who was so interested in me and wanted to know everything about me.
Also, just before I came to email we had to catch a bus, I sat next to a man. I've found a good way to talk to people on the bus! I pull out my notebook and ask them if they could
help me to pronounce a word. They help me, then laugh at me, but their smiling!! Then I tell them im from new Zealand and they open up and tell me about them!

I invited a girl and that man I sat next to , to church and English practice by doing that. it works every time!!
The people here speak so fast and its absolutely true that when you get out of the MTC, you don't have a clue at what the people are saying haha.

It fully reminds me of the Best Two years!! But im getting better at the language and picking it up. The food here is soo good!!  Odessas known for its bread. Yummy food here whanau! Im going to be fine! :)
I love this place so much. The joy and satisfaction I feel from doing EVERYTHING I can to fulfill my purpose and invite others unto Christ, even though it is so so hard at times, is the best feeling and the most desirable above anything else in this world.

So I invite all of you my family to be involved in this work. It will bless and change your life!!
I cant wait to hear from you at Christmas!!
Love Cecтра Андерсон xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment